Monday, March 05, 2007

taking flight

flying over Africa, i consider what has passed and what is to come. i didn’t sleep a wink tonight, but feel fortunate that my flights have (so far) been on time ... if i arrive safely AND with my bags i’ll consider myself lucky despite my weariness

the Cursive concert the other night was excellent! a hundred of us in a cool little venue in Camden, Michael and i met some Oxford-Americans and went with them to his friend’s reggae party in Brixton. quite the scene (less the hour-long tube ride and hour-long walk through the suburbs to get there.) i scored some shizzle from some Rastafarians while Michael tried (and repeatedly failed) to lose at pool and not get our asses kicked

Friday night Déia and i went out with my old friends Alex and Cello and her Spanish cousins. a nice dinner at Waggamama with some sake to boot

and now i’m flying over Africa, considering what is to come. (some new experiences to share quickly: all of the flight information is in English and Swahili, which is a first for me; and the entire crew on this Kenya Airways flight is, naturally, black ... nothing revolutionary, just another first for me)

i’m trying to allow my reality of freedom to calm me ... there is nowhere i NEED to be ... nothing i NEED to do ... ever again?! it still hasn’t quite hit me ... nor has the fact that i’m landing in Nairobi in 30 minutes

p.s. i arrived safely, on time, and with my bags ... as did Gord twenty minutes later! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Trev,

Carrie and I are excited for you and glad you made it safe to Africa. Keep the updates coming as they are great stress breakers at work for me. Have and amazing time and safe journey - can't wait to see you later this year.

Andrew

March 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home